This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: SC decision on version numbering: 4.0
- From: "Giovanni Bajo" <giovannibajo at libero dot it>
- To: "Per Bothner" <per at bothner dot com>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 02:29:56 +0200
- Subject: Re: SC decision on version numbering: 4.0
- References: <4140A3D3.email@example.com>
Per Bothner wrote:
> The Steering Committee has decided that the the version number of
> the next mainline-based tree-ssa-based release should be "4.0".
This is mostly obvious, but previously SC decided that X.Y versions would have
to be called X.Y.0 for consistency. So, here we are speaking of "4.0.0", unless
something changed in that regard (but I wouldn't see why).