Re: Reenabling Ada by default

On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 04:33:43PM -0400, Richard Kenner wrote:
> But the question, from a practical and realistic perspective, is whether this
> information is really *useful* to the "rest of the world".  Who would want to
> use it and for what purpose?  Before deciding to commit resources to
> *produce* information, it's important to be sure there will be *consumers* of
> that information.  And I don't see that.  The argument "if you make it, they
> will come" doesn't seem that convincing to me in this case.

The consumer will be whoever decides he wants a hand at maintaining
the Ada front end after ACT has gone out of business.

The internet is a large enough place that I expect at least copies
of gcc and its mail archives to exist until the global apocalypse.
I do not expect the same to be true for any given corporation.

The policy of the gcc community is that patch discussion, approval,
and application happens in a particular manner.  It is not your
prerogative to decide otherwise, whatever you think of your "cost
benefit analysis".

r~