This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Spurious testsuite failures on multi-cpu sparc-solaris2.9
- From: Dan Kegel <dank at kegel dot com>
- To: "Kaveh R. Ghazi" <ghazi at caip dot rutgers dot edu>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, ebotcazou at libertysurf dot fr, ehrhardt at mathematik dot uni-ulm dot de
- Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 19:10:10 -0700
- Subject: Re: Spurious testsuite failures on multi-cpu sparc-solaris2.9
- References: <200409080128.i881S0eU004790@caip.rutgers.edu>
Kaveh R. Ghazi wrote:
I'm trying to test GCC on a 4 cpu sparc-sun-solaris2.9 box using
expect-5.42.1, tcl8.4.7 and dejagnu-1.4.4. I'm getting lots of
spurious testsuite failures probably related to the solaris kernel bug
mentioned here: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-04/msg01480.html
Does any one know if bug 4927647 is addressed in any patch from Sun
yet? Is the expect patch mentioned here helpful at all?
Go ahead and try the expect patch, it's got some chance of fixing
your problem. If that doesn't do it, I guess it's the Solaris bug...
My technical stuff: http://kegel.com
My politics: see http://www.misleader.org for examples of why I'm for regime change