This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Explicit conversion operators
- From: "Giovanni Bajo" <giovannibajo at libero dot it>
- To: "Piotr Wyderski" <piotr dot wyderski at wp dot pl>
- Cc: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 03:18:56 +0200
- Subject: Re: Explicit conversion operators
- References: <017a01c49475$cc955640$89901ed9@voltan>
Piotr Wyderski wrote:
> could the "explicit" statement applicable to user-defined
> conversion operators be added to the C++ language
> compiler as a GNU extension? This is a very useful feature
> and there's a chance that it will be added to the standard
> sooner or later...
We are trying to move away from extensions, especially in C++ where they
interact weirdly with the existing semantics.
If you really really want this feature, I think you should prepare a patch
yourself (or hire someone to do it for you) and then push it as much as you can
to get it accepted into the FSF tree.