Re: Explicit conversion operators

Piotr Wyderski wrote:

> could the "explicit" statement applicable to user-defined
> conversion operators be added to the C++ language
> compiler as a GNU extension? This is a very useful feature
> and there's a chance that it will be added to the standard
> sooner or later...

We are trying to move away from extensions, especially in C++ where they
interact weirdly with the existing semantics.

If you really really want this feature, I think you should prepare a patch
yourself (or hire someone to do it for you) and then push it as much as you can
to get it accepted into the FSF tree.

Giovanni Bajo