Re: AC_COMPILE_CHECK_SIZEOF

Jones Desougi <jones@ingate.com> writes:

>> For mainline, I think it would be better if you cut us over to
>> plain AC_CHECK_SIZEOF, which works correctly when cross-compiling in
>> autoconf 2.5x.
>
> That isn't a simple one line fix though. :-)

Yes, well, mainline is the place for not-simple-one-line-fixes.
Although, we are on the threshold of stage 3 of development, so this
might be better held for 3.6.

Does this bug cause any problems in mainline?

> A brief glance suggests that it may not be that much more, but that
> there are subtle differences in behaviour.  Interestingly enough,
> libjava and fastjar appears to have moved in the other direction in
> 2002, for the latter as part of cross-compiling support.

In 2002 we were still using autoconf 2.13, which didn't support cross
compilation nearly as well.

zw