Re: Nested Class Member Access

Steven L. Zook wrote:

> Is this behavior on GCC's part (that is, nested classes are members of the
> enclosing class and thus have all access rights that other members have)
> intentional?

Yes.

> If so, should it be documented in the "Extensions to the C++ Language"
> section of the GCC online documents.

Not really, because it is actually part of C++0x, so it is not a real
extension in the traditional term. Instead, I would like to define a new
language dialect (-std=c++0x) to activate such behavours (that is,
implementation of DRs which are in WP status). There have been some talk
about it, but no patches yet.

Giovanni Bajo