Re: generic vectors: how should they work?

Paolo> I don't understand this comment. I see SIMD types as a synonym of Paolo> vectors. "Portable vectors", "generic vectors", "portable SIMD types", Paolo> "generic SIMD types" seem all synonyms to me.

	I thought that I already explained the distinction in the previous
messages.

If you meant generic vectors as in, arbitrarily sized and/or with a size decided at run-time, then no, this is not my purpose. GCC portable SIMD types (this is your nomenclature if I understood) have their size established at compile-time, and it must be a power of two.

Paolo