This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: Using mode and code macros in *.md files
- From: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at superh dot com>
- To: sje at cup dot hp dot com (Steve Ellcey)
- Cc: joern dot rennecke at superh dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 11:17:33 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: RFC: Using mode and code macros in *.md files
> Hopefully, with optimizations moving up into trees and SSA the RTL
> optimizations won't come into play as much.
The tree optimizers can't give you optimizations that have to do with
instruction selection, since they are mostly agnostic of your target
instruction set. The tree optimizers can do a good job to do optimizations
on the abstract computations, but the rtl optimizers like combine are
important to map these computations efficiently on your target