Re: Ada policy

    Perhaps I've been blaming the trouble I've had on the wrong issue, but
    I've had much more trouble with Ada build failures than your message
    would indicate, to the point where I only build Ada on recent
    GNU/Linux systems with a very recent prepackaged gnat.

Well, what were you using before?  Certainly some of the older systems
had a mixed versions of Ada and C that would cause EH problems, especially
since there was stuff put into the configury that purported to support
that (I was always against that stuff since I think it never worked).

So the issue wasn't the age of the version of GNAT, but whether the package
on the system was properly built.  It should not be a surprise that
you can't build it from an improper package, though it is unfortunate
that there was a time when a lot of them existed.