This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: IA64 floating point division question
- From: Steve Ellcey <sje at cup dot hp dot com>
- To: joern dot rennecke at superh dot com
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:51:22 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: IA64 floating point division question
> > (set (scratch:BI)
> > (unspec:BI [
> > (reg:SF 349 [ a ])
> > (reg:SF 350 [ b ])
> > ] 14))
> 'scratch' will probably fail to match your operand predicate.
> match_scratch is no good if you want your pattern to be split before
> reload. Instead, you have to use match_operand, and make your expander
> allocate a pseudo register and stick it into the scratch operand.
Ah, that's the piece of the puzzle I was missing.