This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Libgfortran licensing
- From: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- To: Kai Henningsen <kaih at khms dot westfalen dot de>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 13:20:33 -0400
- Subject: Re: Libgfortran licensing
- References: <4134DDAB.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4134F562.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <4134F8A8.firstname.lastname@example.org> <9G2BRcYmw-B@khms.westfalen.de>
Kai Henningsen wrote:
email@example.com (Robert Dewar) wrote on 31.08.04 in <4134F8A8.firstname.lastname@example.org>:
Paul Brook wrote:
Doesn't the copyright assignment give the FSF power licence the code as
they see fit?
I don't think so, I think the assignment document guarantees that the
licensing will be compatible with the GPL.
That's incorrect, see later quote in this thread
It's strictly the copyright holder who gets to decide this.
Nope, it's subject to contract like anything else