This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: IA64 floating point division question
- From: Joern Rennecke <joern dot rennecke at superh dot com>
- To: zack at codesourcery dot com (Zack Weinberg)
- Cc: sje at cup dot hp dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:06:13 +0100 (BST)
- Subject: Re: IA64 floating point division question
> I'm not sure how to fix this. When I tried to do something similar, I
> got completely stuck because I couldn't make GCC refer to the *same*
> pseudo register in two different modes.
You need to use SUBREGs, TRUNCATE or FLOAT_/SIGN_/ZERO_EXTEND for that.