This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Compilation performance comparison of gcc3.4.1 and gcc3.5.0 2004-08-30 on MICO sources
- From: Paolo Bonzini <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- To: Karel Gardas <kgardas at objectsecurity dot com>
- Cc: Steven Bosscher <stevenb at suse dot de>, GCC Mailing List <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 09:23:03 +0200
- Subject: Re: Compilation performance comparison of gcc3.4.1 and gcc3.5.0 2004-08-30 on MICO sources
- References: <413457ED.firstname.lastname@example.org> <Pine.LNX.email@example.com>
3.4.1 seems to have a problem with the expander at -O2:
expand : 8.79 (26%) usr 0.01 ( 0%) sys 8.90 (24%) wall
So this 3.4.1 bug is somehow work around by gimplification and tree
optimization, and this masks the 40% difference (which would still be
there at -O2 if it weren't for the improvement in expander time).