This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: binds_local question
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mrs at apple dot com>
- Cc: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow at false dot org>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org List" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 19:59:41 -0700
- Subject: Re: binds_local question
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <8296A215-FAE2-11D8-8516-000393941EE6@apple.com> <20040831003313.GA6652@nevyn.them.org> <0D87DC80-FAF1-11D8-8516-000393941EE6@apple.com>
Mike Stump wrote:
On Aug 30, 2004, at 5:33 PM, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
A variable with specified visibility should be "local" whether or not
it's defined in this translation unit - that's most of the point.
Ok, then Mark got this slightly wrong?!
Mike, you sound so amazed. I've gotten things wrong before. :-)
:-( Mark, was there some other spelling you liked/wanted/needed?
I think I thought that "local" meant "within this translation unit".