Re: Ada policy

Kai Henningsen wrote:

Hmm. I certainly seem to remember reading those messages, too. Not that it were a plan to always break compatibility, but that incompatible features were pretty much always introduced and they wanted to use them in the compiler, which then produced that incompatibility; and as long as the previous version was still compatible, that was not considered a problem.

And that in fact only-the-previous-version had been true for a large number of versions.

That's just not true. GNAT has been able to be built from 3.13 for many years (3.13 was released several years ago). We only introduce incompatibilities if we really need to for some significant cleanup or kludge removal. Earlier on that was more common, but we have not needed to do that for many years now.