Re: Libgfortran licensing

Tobias Schlüter wrote:

To make things short: under which license should libgfortran be licensed?

While doing some cleanups on libgfortran I noticed that some files are
licensed under the plain GPL, others under the LGPL, I didn't see any that say
GPL+exception, but there could well be. Could someone who has the authority to
make such statements for the FSF please tell me under which license
libgfortran should be licensed (I assume that the library should be licensed
under the terms of the GPL+exception, as GCC's other runtime libraries).

Stop ! Wait !

Only the original author(s) of these pieces can determine under what license they want their contributions distributed. As "we" didn't write all of them (some were written by Andy Vaught), we cannot decide unilaterally to change the licensing. If the license does not conform to the one normally used for run-time library code, and we didn't write the specific code ourselves, we should recode the functionality.

--
Toon Moene - e-mail: toon@moene.indiv.nluug.nl - phone: +31 346 214290
A maintainer of GNU Fortran 95: http://gcc.gnu.org/fortran/