Re: Release criteria

Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Laurent GUERBY wrote:

So I guess the closest thing we have these days is Mark's mental picture
of Bugzilla and open projects and the status mails he is sending.  I'm not
really sure how to formalize and write this down as a release criteria
documents.

I guess I would say I trust Mark's mental picture better than any formal document written down :-)

Not that I am opposed to writing things down, not at all, but
formalizing release procedures is a very hard process (we know,
we have to go through this ourselves all the time, and in fact
we generally rely on judgment from the release manager, informed
by discussion in arguable cases, rather than trying to write
down a formal set of criteria, and that has worked well for us).

Gerald