Re: Ada policy

Richard Kenner wrote:

As I'm sure you know, if you start with copyrighted code and "trim it
down", you still have copyrighted code.  Making a non-proprietary
version of a test case involves a lot more work than that.

A trimmed-out test case, with comments removed, and identifiers renamed, is still a "derived" work, but presumably many customers would be willing to disclaim copyright interest. Perhaps as part of your bug resolution procedure you could ask "could you please review this simplified test case as to whether we can release it". This does involve some customer education, so it is probably only worthwhile for your bigger customers - i.e. those who submit lots of test cases. -- --Per Bothner per@bothner.com http://per.bothner.com/