Re: gcc/gcc fortran/ChangeLog fortran/trans-decl.c ...

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 tobi@gcc.gnu.org wrote:

> CVSROOT:	/cvs/gcc
> Module name:	gcc
> Changes by:	tobi@gcc.gnu.org	2004-06-12 14:06:19
>
> Modified files:
> 	gcc/fortran    : ChangeLog trans-decl.c trans-expr.c
> 	gcc/testsuite  : ChangeLog
> Added files:
> 	gcc/testsuite/gfortran.fortran-torture/execute: nullarg.f90
>
> Log message:
> 	fortran/
> 	PR fortran/12841
> 	* interface.c (compare_parameter, compare_actual_formal): Don't
> 	check types and array shapes for NULL()
> 	* trans-expr.c (conv_function_call): No double indirection for
> 	NULL()
> 	( I had accidentally committed the interface.c part before)
>
> 	testuite/
> 	PR fortran/12841
> 	* gfortran.fortran-torture/execute/null_arg.f90: New test.
>
> Patches:
> http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/fortran/ChangeLog.diff?cvsroot=gcc&r1=1.65&r2=1.66
> http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/fortran/trans-decl.c.diff?cvsroot=gcc&r1=1.11&r2=1.12
> http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/fortran/trans-expr.c.diff?cvsroot=gcc&r1=1.9&r2=1.10
> http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/testsuite/ChangeLog.diff?cvsroot=gcc&r1=1.3845&r2=1.3846
> http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/testsuite/gfortran.fortran-torture/execute/nullarg.f90.diff?cvsroot=gcc&r1=NONE&r2=1.1

This commit corrupted large parts of testsuite/ChangeLog.  I have now
reverted that corruption.  Please remember that the instructions in
cvswrite.html say

    4. We recommend using "cvs diff" after applying a patch to a local
       tree. Review the output to make sure that only the changes you
       wanted to check in will be checked in. Also check to see if the
       copyright dates need to be updated.

and this should be followed every time, regardless of how big or small the
patch being checked in is, to avoid checking in unwanted changes.  Also
note that any changes to old ChangeLog entries (e.g. spelling, whitespace
or formatting corrections) should be made as part of a separate commit,
never mixed in with that for a patch to the compiler.

(Patch for the reversion, committed as revision 1.4199 of
testsuite/ChangeLog, omitted as it is over 500 kB.)

--
Joseph S. Myers               http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
    jsm@polyomino.org.uk (personal mail)