Re: GCC 3.5 project submissions

  Name of Developer:
      Mostafa Hagog, Yossi Markovitch.
  Name of Improvement:
      SMS improvements.
  Dependencies:
      Register pressure utility.
      By Revital Eres (and the GCC community).

  Description of Improvement:
      1. Use loop information to make SMS applicable to more loops.
         Currently SMS uses a straightforward analysis to detect
         single basic block loops. Use of loop information will
         make it applicable for more loops (in SPEC for example).
      2. Use alias information to relax inter-loop memory dependencies.
         Currently SMS is very conservative in respect to loop carried
         memory dependencies - we want to use alias information to relax
         it.
      3. Use register pressure heuristic to restrict SMS in loops that
         it introduces high register pressure.

  Delivery Date:

      Current progress:
      1. Loop information applicability for SMS is in testing/debugging.
      2. Memory dependency is ready, we wait for loop info so we can test
         it more thoroughly.
      3. Register pressure - this item will be ready along with the
         implementation of the register pressure utility.

      Deadline:
      Third week of September.