Re: GCC Benchmarks (coybench), AMD64 and i686, 14 August 2004

Joe Buck wrote:

Actually to be fair, we have often found in the past that an impression
that ICC was doing something horrible turned out to be wrong on more
careful examination, so let's make sure we know what we are talking
about here :-)

You said otherwise yourself:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-03/msg01597.html

A little problem with quantifiers in your reasoning here :-) My statement above does NOT have a universal quantifier in it, so a single counter example is not a contradiction!

I just think we need to be careful to be absolutely sure we
know what icc is doing before we criticize.