Re: error using 3.3.2 in building apache-1.3.31

On Thu, Aug 12, 2004 at 07:49:16PM +0200, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> > True, but since most of the stuff I'm compiling is C code, I'm assuming
> > that I'm going to have no problems. Is this correct?
>
> Your mileage may vary.  See http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-3.4/changes.html

Good point; I had forgotten about the SPARC and MIPS ABI changes.
The changes should not affect most programs, but will affect some.

In the case of the SPARC changes, isn't it the case that programs
that see an incompatible ABI change (because they pass small structures
in registers, say) would also have compatibility problems between older
GCC compilers and Sun's proprietary compiler?