RE: Problem with insn-conditions.c

  It's probably a cygwin-vs-windoze interaction, and nothing to do with gcc
at all.

  Will, did you either a) unpack the gcc source archive using WinZIP or a
similar windows-based gui app, or b) unpack the sources to a cygwin textmode
mount-point?  These are both known no-nos.

> > Have other people run into this problem?  I fixed it by just having
> > genconditions.c escape \r (although it might have been a better idea
> > to just have it ignore \r)
>
> I'm not sure whether that's the right fix.

  I think this situation is almost certainly NAB and need not be fixed.
However, in accordance with the generous-in-what-you-accept principle, maybe
init_md_reader (in gensupport.c) could simply open the source file in
textmode just in case it's been accidentally translated?

    cheers,
      DaveK