Re: how to submit binary file for inclusion?

No, this is not code, this is simply a piece of data. We are also in the
process of publishing the source for the utility that creates it.
However, as I said in the original message, I don't expect many people
to have this utility installed any time soon, and it seems odd to
disallow a certain configuration just because of this.

Thanks, Jan

On Aug 06, 2004 03:41 PM, Jan Beulich <JBeulich@novell.com> wrote:

> I find that I have a need for submitting (in what would normally be
> patch) a binary file (since there's no open source or sufficiently
> wide-spread tool available to generate it). Since including this in
> patch doesn't work, how would I go about doing this?

Ehm, you want to submit a binary, closed source, proprierty piece
of code with no copyright assignment to the FSF, for inclusion in
the FSF GCC tree?

Gr.
Steven