how to submit binary file for inclusion?

I find that I have a need for submitting (in what would normally be a
patch) a binary file (since there's no open source or sufficiently
wide-spread tool available to generate it). Since including this in a
patch doesn't work, how would I go about doing this?

Thanks, Jan