v3sf type and union types to reference elements

Hi there,

I am working with the 3.3 source base at the moment, and I am defining
vector types for an extension to a mips platform.

I cannot find any documentation referring to a v3sf type, are there plans to
include it (or does it already exist) in a future version of gcc?  I can
find docs for vec4f and vec2f.

Also, regarding the use of union types to access the elements of a vector,
doesn't this mean the vector is stored to memory from the sse unit before
being read by the fpu unit?  (as all union accesses seem to do) Or does gcc
properly work out that it can extract an union'd element from a vector
without committing the whole expression to memory first?  If so, what
machine instruction pattern is matched in the md file?

Regards

Dylan Cuthbert.