Re: looking for the developer of tree-dump.c

d43d41u5 wrote:
For some reason the -fdump-translation-unit switch doesn't dumps the body of
the functions from the AST if I compile sources with .c extension. (there is
no "body:" in the .tu dumpfile) Are the functions bodies in the tree, but
not dumped, or are they stored somewhere else ?

I believe this is because we have already freed the function bodies. The -fdump-translation-unit option dumps info at the very end of compilation, and the C compiler will have already freed function bodies by then, but the C++ compiler does not, presumably. I didn't actually look at the C++ front end.

In current sources, this option has no effect at all on the C front end. I think this was removed by Zack during one of his many C front end rewrites, and it never got readded.

Keep in mind that this option is a debugging aid, and was written for a specific purpose, which it does serve. It is not meant to be a usable interface.

This option has effectively been replaced by the -fdump-tree-* options in current development sources. These dump during tree/gimple optimization passes, and do include function bodies. Again, these are debugging aids, not usable interfaces.