Re: Configuring GCC build: doc patch

> I said I would report what happened.  I found that having rebuilt
> with ksh my compiler still would not build the FOX library, whereas
> the Sun Workshop compiler will, and it fails with a segfault.  So
> reading more about this I find I should really be using -xildoff
> -xarch=v9 options for Sparc V9.

No, you misread.  You must use 'cc -xarch=v9' only when building a
sparcv9-sun-solaris2* or a sparc64-sun-solaris2* compiler, which are the
same 64-bit compiler.  When you are building a sparc-sun-solaris2* compiler,
which is a 32-bit compiler, even for a V9 target (i.e. --with-cpu=v9), you
must use the bare 'cc' command.

--
Eric Botcazou