RE: Converting GCC to compilation with C++

  I just think people should be able to download and build the sources to
get a native compiler on any hosted system, without there being a
requirement beyond what the system comes with out-of-the-box.  If the
manufacturer doesn't supply a binary distro, and gcc can't be built on the
native system's tools, then it's a barrier to entry if the whole thing has
to be cross-built on some other system altogether that already has native
gcc available.  Maybe not a huge one, but I'm in favour of making it as easy
as possible for people to get to grips with the whole concept of open source
in that way.

    cheers,
      DaveK