Re: Library version and C++ ABI information in Release Notes

On Wed, 7 Jul 2004, David Edelsohn wrote:
> When trying to look up information about C++ ABI and libstdc++
> library major version numbers in various GCC releases, I noticed that this
> is not mentioned in the Release Notes nor on the GCC website.
>
> What would be even nicer is a link to the appropriate mailinglist
> discussion describing the change.
>
> Would it be possible to include this information in future Release
> Notes and in the release changes page?

I think this is an excellent suggestion.  In the future I'll watch out
for ABI changing C++ patches and will link them from the respective
changes.html page.  Janis, would you mind also keeping an eye on that? ;-)

If the libstdc++ folks could provide as a pointer whenever the change
the ABI, that would be great as well.

Gerald