Re: gcc newsletter #5

hi,

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 12:02, Ranjit Mathew wrote:
> As for the contents of the news itself, I feel you
> should also mention the amazing cleanups and reorganisations
> being carried out by Richard (Henderson). He has also
> contributed a new SRA (Scalar Replacement of Aggregates,
> see tree-sra.c) implementation.

I see. Unfortunatly, I do not monitor the cvs tree and the checkins
myself and some of the discussions on the gcc list are way above my head
:/

I will try to invest a bit more time to do this.

> As for the flag thingy, I think Ian was merely suggesting
> a new target-specific flag rather than an existing flag.

ah.

you should add these as comments.

> There might be other important additions to GCC in the
> last week that I might be missing out (that hopefully
> others will point out).
>
> The look and feel is so much better now. One minor
> nit: instead of showing news on the front page on a monthly
> basis, can you not tweak it to show (say) the recent
> 5 newsletters? Otherwise one only sees a single newsletter
> now and has to enter the calendar to be able to see
> other newsletters that were published in June.

it is just anoying because there is no horizontal separation between
newsletters. I guess I would need to fix the css for that but I don't
have access to the web server so...

> Lastly, IMHO you should use "GCC" (rather than "gcc") as
> this is an abbreviation.

will do.

--
Mathieu Lacage <mathieu.lacage@sophia.inria.fr>