Re: g++.old-deja/g++.mike/p7325.C - suspected bogus test case

Zack Weinberg <zack@codesourcery.com> writes:

> > Stack size usage is easy to measure in an execution test.  Is that
> > what you are asking?
>
> I had in mind more the static assembly-analysis tests that some people
> in Linux kernel development have put together.  However, your quickie
> test doesn't look half bad as a replacement for p7325.  It might stop
> failing for the wrong reasons, though, if we ever get an optimizer
> clever enough to kill the memsets.

Yes, I just needed some external function, since I don't know how to
write a DG test case which uses more than one file.  If we add
-fno-builtin to the command line somehow, then the compiler shouldn't
be able to remove the memset.  Or call some other function which we
know to exist.

Ian