Re: proposal for compilation unil wide alias analyis

> However, Stuart Hastings of Apple appears to be close to having a
> working branch of the compiler that gimplifies an entire compilation
> unit.  This code is on the tree-profile-branch and was done in order
> to support better inlining.

I have nothing against having this cahnges directly on the
tree-profiling-branch assuming that they won't end up touching very many
different places of compiler making the patch separation dificult later
(I won't expect so here).
However the mainline might be good as well as we already do have
functions gimplified at the time cgraph_analize is called (ie when you
would like to do the analysis).  Only frontend going generic right now
is fortran and it gimplify early in order to get functions un-nested.
For context insensitive points to this should be all you need to get
functions analyzed easilly.

Also I was under impression that doing basic IPA alias analysis should
be just question of hooking Daniel's points to analyzers into
cgraph code (ideally we would like to do points-to before cgraph is
build so we can do sane estimations on indirect calls - not the overly
pesimistic stuff we do right now) and our existing RTL/tree alias
analyziers.  I believe part (most?) of this should be done already.

I am on the trip till 30th, but I will definitly look deeper into this
afterwards.

Honza