Re: C++ -- a valid idea?

On Saturday, June 12, 2004, at 10:22 PM, Alexis Wilke wrote:
Now, the other day I thought of something which is (to my point of view) a
problem in C++.

Thinking of problems doesn't mean they are problems. Please come up with a test case, ensure that all methods and functions are defined, and create two loops which you think should be equally as efficient, one which uses the prefix ++ and the other which uses the postfix ++ and then time them. If you discover there is a problem, in the current (snapshot) compiler, then let us know. We can then examine the code and the assembly produced and see if a bug report is reasonable.

I suspect you've not seen were time actually goes on modern processors. I suspect that for all real code that one cannot discern a difference between them.