Re: named warnings & individual warning control

DJ Delorie <dj@redhat.com> writes:

> Warning control should be documented as something that WILL change
> from release to release of the compiler; users should expect such
> controls to be a "last chance" option, and any attempt to make the
> system easier for long-term use should be discouraged.  I.e.
> complaints that the #pragma to silence warning "foo" changed in this
> gcc release will be ignored.

I don't think you can really do that.  People *will* end up with huge
source bases with thousands of these #pragmas that are built with
-Werror (after all, isn't that the point of this feature?) and will
want to upgrade their compiler.  It needs to be at least as stable
as command-line flags are now.