Re: Bugzilla's Patch mechanism

Hi,

On Tue, 8 Jun 2004, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Michael> Why should untested "please-try-if-they-fix-the-problem"
> Michael> patches be copied to gcc-patches?
>
> It would be helpful if bugzilla comments are also forwarded, so we can
> distinguish these cases.  It seems to me that most of us already have
> to filter gcc-patches, so a little more noise won't hurt.

I do not filter gcc-patches, and more noise would hurt.  If you want to do
this, why not subscribe to gcc-bugs and filter that (attachments to
comments don't show up there, though)?

In my mind gcc-patches has a quite specific purpose, which is for posting
patches thought by the submitter to be ready for committing and for
acceptance messages by maintainers or why it is not yet acceptable.

To me this is quite different from bugzilla.

Ciao,
Michael.