RE: Notes from the testing BOF at the summit

  Well, if you use parallelism in the makefile and use that command line
syntax to subdivide the tests into a bunch of subsets that can be run in
parallel.... doesn't that basically give you what you want?

  Or if you're referring to running a single test with all the different
sets of compiler flags in parallel, can't you just set up a bunch of
parallel make check targets each restricted to one of the different option
sets?

check:
  $(MAKE) -j5 check-O0 check-O1 check-O2 check-O3 check-O3-g [...etc...]

check-O0:
  runtest RUNTESTFLAGS=--target_board "unix{-O0}"

check-O1:
  runtest RUNTESTFLAGS=--target_board "unix{-O1}"

[...]

check-O3-g:
  runtest RUNTESTFLAGS=--target_board "unix{-O3 -g}"

  Basically what I'm saying is that, given the ability we already have to
filter and restrict the test set on any given invocation, isn't using
makefile parallelism enough to do the rest?

    cheers,
      DaveK