Re: Question on gimplify.c:create_tmp_var

    Under what conditions are you finding that you needed an array
    type temporary?  I'll go out on a limb and say it's probably a
    front-end bug.

Perhaps, but then it's a question of what the front end should do.  See
my second message and a possible patch I sent to you privately.

The issue is something like an ARRAY_REF of a VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR of
another ARRAY_REF.  The code will try to put the VIEW_CONVERT_EXPR result
into a temporary and that has an ARRAY_TYPE.