Re: Notes from the version control BOF at the summit

With such automatic generation, it would be nice for the checkin comments
themselves to be versioned objects, so that a spelling or other correction
could be checked in to a previous checkin comment (and automatically
update the ChangeLogs thereby, without changing the history of ChangeLogs
on old tags corresponding to the previously tagged version of the checkin
comment) - but with this being a versioned action with the history
properly recorded, it would be safer than cvs admin to have available to
all with write access. But I don't know if any version control systems do
have versioning of checkin comments.

While it's not my "drug" of choice (Go monotone!), the checkin comments are simply a property in subversion, and all properties are versioned, so you can do this.