Re: Compilation error

Please note this list is for GCC development discussions. Another
    list, gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org, is dedicated to answering basic
    questions.

"Jose" <jose@gcb.com.br> writes:

> Where the GCC keeps to the libraries ".h".

GCC installs its headers in $prefix/include and various subdirectories
    thereof. When built from source, GCC's default $prefix is
    /usr/local . However most linux distros install a pre-compiled
    binary which has /usr as the $prefix. However, GCC's headers do
    not include headers for the C library; GCC expects the system to
    provide the C library. Typically, C library headers will be in
    /usr/include .

> I use borland C

Then you can get much better help from borland; people on this list
    are most familar with GCC. (Personally, I haven't used Borland
    since about 1997.)

> and desire to
> develop programs for linux RedHat and Conectiva.
>
> Message of error: "teste.cpp:7: error: ` printf' undeclared (first uses this
> function)"

Sorry, but it is often nearly impossible to solve the problem an error
    message indicates without a small but complete example which
    reproduces the problem.

However, you can use '-v' to make gcc tell you where it searches for
    header files.