Re: gcc 3.4.0 m68k-elf generates illegal code for ColdFire (maybea fix)

Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
peter@lasergraph-dsp.de wrote:

I'm not qualified to review your patch, sorry.  I could run
regression tests for your patch.  Is there a PR already on file?

My problem report is here: http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-05/msg01263.html

As Peter Barada pointed out this is actually an old issue that was
reported by others (long) before I did:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/2004-05/msg01264.html

I think my patch fixes this issue. Peter (Barada), did it work for
you too?

A slightly different version of this patch just went in CVS today.

It was credited to Peter Barada, but now I wonder wether you've
both developed the same patch independently or I should add your
name in the ChangeLog entry.

I sent my patch to Peter Barada first, because it seems he is most actively taking care of the ColdFire port. He improved the patch by using moveq if possible and then and submited it to the gcc list. That's fine with me.

Best regards,

Peter Jakubek
LaserAnimation Sollinger GmbH
peter@lasergraph-dsp.de