Re: are ".da" files platform-independent?

Johnny Huynh wrote:
Hi,

I am trying to produce profile-directed optimizations for a c4x DSP.
I currently do not have the hardware, but I have a working i386/c4x
cross-compiler.

I compiled and ran my application on i386/linux to get the ".da" file and
can recompile on i386/linux using the ".da" file. However, if I try to
recompile my application with my cross-compiler, it fails.

So I guess the ".da" is not platform-independent? Can I make this work
somehow?
The .da files are specific to a particular target. You can't take a
.da file produced on i86 and feed it into a compiler targetting c4x
for instance.  You should be able to take a .da produced by c4x and feed it
into a cross compiler targetting c4x.

In gcc 3.4 this is certainly true - but that has a different format.

nathan