Suppressing specific compiler warnings

Hi,

I've wondered for a long time as to why the ability to suppress specific
compiler warnings is missing in GCC.
Has this ever been discussed ? Having this would be very useful in cases
where we treat warnings and errors and cause build to break. At times there
are warnings which we decide to live with, because they reflect a deliberate
decision.

thanks & regards,
Banibrata Dutta
  Hewlett-Packard ISO Pvt. Ltd,