Re: error for _muldi3.o

Hi, there.

I'm still working on the same problem.
You all told me good ways to solve the problem though, I can't still overcome
it. I have to study more anyway.

BTW, may I ask a basic question?
Should I make binutils for my new arch before compiling gcc for my new
arch? Because I tryed to modify mips.md as follows.

Before modified:
(define_insn "mulsi3_internal"
	:
	:
  "mult\\t%1,%2"
	:

After modified
Before modified:
(define_insn "mulsi3_internal"
	:
	:
  "mult\\t%0,%1,%2"
	:

You know, some mips isa accepts 2 operands for mult, but, I modified it
as 3 operands. Then ran make, I got the error messages as follows.

	:
	:
/tmp/ccqSdMlT.s:35: Assembler messages:
/tmp/ccqSdMlT.s:27: Error: illegal operands1: "mult $10,$4,$7"
/tmp/ccqSdMlT.s:35: Error: illegal operands1: "mult $6,$5,$6"
make[2] *** [libgcc/./_muldi3.o] Error1
	:
	:

This error message comes from gas for mips in binutils.
I think it means compiling gcc needs its arch's assembler to verify if
machine description is correct or not.
Is my guess correct? If so, my problem may be coming from absence of gas
for my arch???

Just for your information, the configure command line option is
--prefix=/usr/local/mips
--target=mips-elf
--with-newlib
--with-gnu-as