Tree-profiling branch status

> What's going to happen with the tree-ssa-20020619-branch based branches
> now that the tree-ssa branch is closed?  I know only of lno and
> tree-profiling, but maybe there are others.  I first thought they would
> perhaps be merged into tree-ssa-20020619-branch and development continues
> there.

The overall plan for tree-profiling branch has been to implemenet the
CFG transparent expansion, inlining and to build CFG just once before
inlining so the profile can be maintained in it.

The CFG transparent expansion is currently done and I believe that it is
quite stable (it needs testing on more wide variety of platforms).
The only major problem is the fact that mudflap is completely broken but
rewriting it into CFG aware version is not major task I believe.

The branch also contains fixed branch predictors that can be run early,
GCOV support and the tree-profiling itself.

The CFG transparent inlining is still being worked on, Stuart will be
able to say more details ;)

I would propose to merge the CFG expansion changes + GCOV changes mostly
as they are on the branch now (after fixing the mudflap issues) and I
think the patch is not overly large so it can be decomposed and sent
into usual review, tought it will result in quite huge chunks.

I will work on updating the tree-profiling branch now and try to do the
mudflap work before gccsummit.