Re: [m68k] asm regression with 3.3/3.4/3.5

But do all the 'other sane architectures' also use wacky argument-
passing conventions for system calls?  I thought x86 was the only
Linux architecture where system calls didn't use the normal calling
convention (hence, the only architecture where glibc has a problem).

On PowerPC, we use GPR0 to pass the system call number; other than that, we obey the normal calling conventions.

But why would using the same calling conventions help?  System
calls are normally inlined, after all, so nothing forces the
compiler to put the arguments into specific registers, if we
don't explicitly tell it to do so.

Segher