Re: [lno] what's going to happen with the branch?

Zdenek Dvorak <rakdver@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> writes:

> Hello,
>
> > What's going to happen with the tree-ssa-20020619-branch based branches
> > now that the tree-ssa branch is closed?  I know only of lno and
> > tree-profiling, but maybe there are others.  I first thought they would
> > perhaps be merged into tree-ssa-20020619-branch and development continues
> > there.
>
> I think the idea about lno-branch is to merge at least the more stable
> parts to mainline soon; for the rest, I think the branch should continue
> to exist, based on mainline (is there some easy way how to do it,
> or do I have to just create a new branch and commit the changes to it?)

You can just do a merge, except instead of merging from tree-ssa you
merge from mainline.  Then, the branch will be "based on" mainline.

CVS doesn't keep track of what a branch is based on, you have to do
that yourself.

--
- Geoffrey Keating <geoffk@geoffk.org>