Re: fortran vs gfortran bugs in Bugzilla

On Thu, May 13, 2004 at 01:41:11PM +0200, Giovanni Bajo wrote:

> Right now, gfortran bugs are marked with a [gfortran] stomp in the
> summary, and put in the fortran component. I was wondering if we need to
> add a new component "gfortran" to Bugzilla for them.

I don't think so.  The combination of the component "fortran" and the
release version will uniquely identify whether we are talking about f77
or the new g95 front end, since any given release or branch contains only
one of them.

> Paul Brook said this does not seem to be necessary because f77 is gone,
> but we are still currently supporting 3.3 and 3.4 so we will have to
> keep both f77 and f95 bugs for some time. Since the stomp in the subject
> is useless in this case, I would like to drop it, but then it becomes
> hard to query for all f77-only or f95-only bugs. Maybe a new component
> would help with that.

If you add a "gfortran" component and leave the "fortran" component, all
of the users will still select "fortran".

Querying for component "fortran" plus a regular expression for the
version field should find only the gfortran bugs.