Re: [lno] what's going to happen with the branch?

On Thu, 13 May 2004, Zdenek Dvorak wrote:

> Hello,
>
> > What's going to happen with the tree-ssa-20020619-branch based branches
> > now that the tree-ssa branch is closed?  I know only of lno and
> > tree-profiling, but maybe there are others.  I first thought they would
> > perhaps be merged into tree-ssa-20020619-branch and development continues
> > there.
>
> I think the idea about lno-branch is to merge at least the more stable
> parts to mainline soon; for the rest, I think the branch should continue
> to exist, based on mainline (is there some easy way how to do it,
> or do I have to just create a new branch and commit the changes to it?)

Yes, this was my question - I don't think there is a way to re-base a
branch, i.e. you'd have to create a new one.  But that isn't bad in
general, as we'll probably have some sort of new "rtlopt" on top of HEAD
anyway.  So I guess after merging the mature parts of lno/profiling we
could create a new branch and move the missing parts there (maybe together
with rtlopt).

Richard.

--
Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at uni-tuebingen dot de>