Re: [m68k] asm regression with 3.3/3.4/3.5

On Wed, May 12, 2004 at 09:43:28PM -0400, Peter Barada wrote:

> >> On the x86 we have a complete set of single-register constraint
> >> letters so this isn't a problem.
> >
> >Yes, but all the other sane architectures don't.
>
> If need be, we can invent single register constraints so you can
> place values into particular registers.  I just hope there are enough
> letters left to hold them.

Hmm, if you want to stay with the set ASCII printable characters
and exclude the space and other well known constraint characters
("+=&rm" and well many more) it will be impossible on most
architectures.

Something else is needed, like putting the register name
between braces like {r0}.

For consistency, the same syntax should be allowed in the
clobbers. I always disliked the fact that the clobbers looked
like the constraints but were hard register names instead of
register classes.

	Regards,
	Gabriel